Saturday, June 17, 2006

My "Before" and "After" pictures.......

As requested, here are some pictures of me from before I lost my weight, and then some current pictures of me now.
BEFORE..........




And AFTER..............


That's me in the orange! :)












I actually gained a little weight just before I got pregnant, and then after I had John I actually gained some more weight. I don't want to scare any pregnant people :)...the only reason I gained weight after I had John is because I was eating JUNK every day! I had diabetes when I was pregnant and couldn't have ANY sugar or carbs! I only gained 20-25 pounds during my pregnancy, but afterwards was so happy to not have to watch every single bite I ate, that I kinda went crazy! Like McDonalds fries and shakes every day for 2 weeks straight kinda crazy!! :)

As most of you know the majority of my weight loss was due to The South Beach diet and tricks of the trade I picked up from watching The Biggest Loser. Once most of the weight was off I really started exercising and toning and shaping my body. Now, it's much more relaxed and just about maintaining. Yes, I still enjoy food!! Last night I ate TWO bowls of icecream and half a box of crackers!! :) I was watching Steel Magnolias...come on, what's a girl to do. But, I don't eat like that every single day and it was light icecream and whole wheat crackers :).

17 Comments:

Blogger MKD said...

I hear ya on the occasional binge eating. Anytime I'm watching a weight loss type of show (i.e. the biggest loser) I'm always like, "man I could use a bowl of ice cream right now." its really twisted! And whenever I start watching a movie I have this urge to eat something sweet. Its a good & bad thing I guess!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Ok sorry to bother you again, but looking at your pictures I have that same cross hanging behind you on your wall! Totally funny.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Pier 1 baby! :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

That is awesome Jess! Maybe you could help me with a meal plan that would work for me (picky eater and all!). That has been my biggest struggle is that all the diets seem to be filled with foods that I just can't eat, so I get discouraged really fast. Anyways, let me know! :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Kenzie said...

So proud of you!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Well Sabrina...I could put you on a diet but somehow I don't think you'll be LOSING any weight in the next 9 months!!! :)
But, I would still be willing to help you. You can eat healthy through pregnancy and gain a healthy amount of weight and then start focusing on losing after baby. :) I'm so willing to share all I have learned. I'm like the cliff notes, I read the book...I'll just pass on the key elements and save others the time. :)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Good job Jess!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Jess, you look fabulous!!!!!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

You look amazing! Good job!

9:40 AM  
Blogger blessed girl said...

You looked beautiful before the weight loss. Many people would like to get to that point, ya know! But you are so beautiful inside and out always! Good job!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Rachel Ann said...

Congrats on reaching the goal that you set out for yourself. You look amazing!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Maybe I should start taking some "before" pictures of myself! Ha!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Parties by Design said...

So I think you now should become a personnal trainner or "how to" person..start another blog just dedicated to that.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Thank you guys!
Yes April..I know..but for ME..I needed to lose the weight. :) I am only 5 feet tall and I have a risk of diabetes so I was instructed by my doc that I needed to lose at least 15 pounds. I don't want anyone to think that if they look more like my "before" picture that I think they need to lose weight!!! It's ALL about being healthy and feeling good in your own skin...what that looks like is different for each of us. Shoot...I'd glady weigh more if I could have some curves!!! :) I think curvy is BEAUTIFUL! Melissa...I don't know about another blog...this one takes enough time! :) But I am always willing to help people and pass on what I have learned. :)

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I knew you at your 'heavy' weight. But I agree that no matter if other people think you needed to lose weight or not, it's all about getting to where you feel good in your own skin! You look awesome and I am proud of you! :-)

8:21 AM  
Blogger blessed girl said...

Jess,

I agree with you about being healthy as being more important than your weight. I don't even have a scale in my home because that is not the point to me! Good Job!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Hey, you visited my blog via the Engstrom's blog. Thanks for popping over.
And I must say, you are adorable. I love to see people's before and after photos.
I myself have now lost 62 pounds, and have another 38 to go. But I'm feeling fabulous. Proper diet and excercise can really be life changing. Thanks for posting photos of the two women that majorly inspired you. It's encouraging to see what others have accomplished. It motivates me to stay the course.

Kristina

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home