Well, the school year has officially begun in our household! Josiah started 3rd grade on Thursday and he is SO excited. His very best friend is not only in his class, but sits right in front of him! Life just doesn't get any better than that when you are 8 (almost 9 as Josiah says!).
I also started running on Thursday! I can't believe it, but I am super excited about it. I get up and go in the morning with my Mom, who lives 2 streets up. I am starting out slow, but I am totally feeling it, and I just love starting my day that way. I have lost about 10 pounds on The South Beach Diet, I still have a few more to go...and I think I just need to step it up in the area of exercise. My husband wants to get pregnant again SOON! I told him only if I can reach my goal weight first, that is my one condition on getting pregnant sooner than we had planned. I don't care if I am only at my goal weight for one day before we get pregnant, I just need to know that I can do it and I don't want to go into my next pregnancy with extra weight, it just makes it so much harder.
I'm all geared up for the "Man, I feel like a Woman" concert this Tuesday night....I'll let you know how it goes!! My husband really wants to be there, so if you see a really scary looking woman with a 21 inch neck and a shaved head at the concert...it will probably be my husband in disguise! If there is a lady who was planning on attending with a 21 inch neck and shaved head, forgive me, I hope I didn't offend you! :)
Last thought for the day...I have found as a busy wife, mother, friend and music ministry administrator, that my times with Lord lately have reminded me a bit of a fast food drive thru! Your hungry, but your in a hurry, so you rush through the line and get something quick to satisfy you and then you keep going. But, it's not a well balanced meal usually, and if that was all you ever ate, you wouldn't be very healthy. I have told the Lord I want to "dine" with Him. You know, the kind of meal at a nice restaurant where there are several courses, and you sit there with people you love for hours? That is what I am longing for with the Lord right now, and I know He desires it even more. But, the sounds of my toddler quickly reminds me that it's probably gonna be fast food today, unless I get a sitter! :o)


4 Comments:
Gosh, I know those fast food meals all too well. I am also in need of a good dine with Him.
Those are some great words, Jess, and I know what you're going through!
But I know that you know that Lord will often draw you when you're doing simple things like the dishes or disciplining a child. We just need to respond during those times, and also make the time to hear Him (through His Word)any chance we can grab during the day. He understands! He said that a single person's life should be undivided devotion to Him, but that a married person's devotion is divided. HE KNOWS!
:-)
Just keep on, and give Him all that you can, and worship in the quiet times (with a toddler!?).
Thank you Karen for the encouragement! :o) Bless you!
Jess
I really enjoyed this blog entry. Fast food always tastes good at the time, but it always catches up to us! I hope that I will remember the analogy that you gave when I sit down to do my quiet time and that I'll remember that God wants so much more than a drive-through relationship with Him. Thank you so much for your candid remarks and honest approach to blogging!!
P.S. Thanks for taking the time to help me with my blog site, too!!
Post a Comment
<< Home